Sunday, October 07, 2012

Sleepy

Sleepy. That's what I was all day today. And I did nap. Twice. So naturally I can't sleep now. And I really do need to be in bed. I'd like to keep regular hours. Like regular folks, you know.

It was a good day for sleeping, though. Cloudy, damp, chilly. Just the day for curling up with a book under a soft blanket ... and then your head droops and you're asleep. Sleep is easy.

Except when you need to be asleep. Like now.

Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep ... you are getting sleepy ... your eyelids are getting heavy ...

But they're not.

Sigh.

All my friends are day people. Or they're forced to be day people because of their jobs or children. That means when I'm up late, I'm alone. Just me. Well, me and those people in my head, many of whom are quite nice and interesting. A couple of them, of course, aren't, and we don't talk to them, but we know they're there.

Anyway, I'm going to take some meds and try the bed again. I may be back. But don't wait up for me. Just assume I'm sleeping and not creeping around, breaking into your house, and going through your belongings. That's probably best for you if you want to get some sleep.

Night!

No comments: