Monday, July 08, 2024

This & That in July!

Glad to see this month. Last month saw the loss of three people who should still be with us. June was, excuse the language, poopy. July, so far, has been--knock on wood, fingers and toes crossed, salt tossed over shoulders--better.


Book News:
• Murder by the Mile progresses! It's a tangle as I sort out who did what and when and to who, but each day, words accumulate. It's been harder than I expected, but I think...maybe...it's getting easier. My muse is waking up or coming back from vacation or leaving his job in Paris as a pop art museum curator to spur me on...but he's working again. 
• Work also continues on 
Floozy Takes A Ramble. So far, we've had adventures with the beverage that won the Civil War, itchy things, time, space, and belly lint! It's a pulse-pounding dive into extraordinary oddness. Look for it in late 2025 or early 2026. 
• Find Floozy Goes Forth, Murder by Dewey Decimal, Murder by the Acre, Floozy Comes Back, Tales from Bethlehem, Floozy & Other Stories, Undying, and all my other books at online retailers and at Your Independent Bookstores. 
Here's the link to my author page on Amazon.
Here's the link to my books on Books-A-Million.
Here's the link to my books on Thrift Books.
Here's the link to my books on Powell Books.
You can find my books just about everywhere you can buy books!


Personal news:
• My birthday is this month! I will be...somewhat...older. A year, I guess. Or something like that. Just send cash and/or gifts to receive a nice glow from honoring me as I know you do.
• My cats are a constant joy and worry. I remember hearing about a mom who said they named their daughter "Helen Joy" and then added, "And she's been just that!" That's how it is with cats. I will say the vet seems to support us having six felines. I wonder why.
• If you're dealing with grief, you might find help in Heartache to Healing by my friend and fellow author Lloyd Davis. Lloyd endured three terrible losses that shattered his family's world as they faced overwhelming sorrow. Lloyd credits his faith in God with helping him to navigate these horrible events. Daunting and hard to read at places as he details these blows, but ultimately, his story is triumphant. Recommended.
• Trying to take up my walking program again. Get those steps for health. Probably should have begun before the soles of my shoes started melting from summer's unrelenting heat.

Jokes of the Month: 
A young man called his mother and said excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams. Now what should he do?
His mother had an idea: "Why don't you send her flowers, and on the card, invite her to your place for a home-cooked meal?"
He thought this was a great strategy and arranged a date for a week later. His mother called the day after the big date to see how things had gone.
"The evening was a disaster," he moaned.
"Why? Didn't she come over?" asked his mother.
"Oh, she came over, but she refused to cook."

Jack's grandfather left him ten million dollars, and the next week, Jill agreed to marry him.
After three months of married life, Jack noticed that his beautiful wife ignored him more and more, and whenever they went out, she flirted with other men. Finally, he decided to confront her.
"Jill, I have to know," he said, "was the only reason you married me was because my grandfather left me ten million dollars when he died?"
"Don't be ridiculous," Jill replied. "I don't care who gave you the money."

Quotes of the Month:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." ~ George Eliot
“Our task is to become our best selves. One of God’s greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final.” ~ Thomas S. Monson

May July be filled with blessings! We'll talk in August.

No comments: