Wednesday, November 09, 2011

What I'd like to be doing instead

I want to play World of Warcraft. I want to chat online and read silly internet articles. I want to watch TV. I want to window shop or browse the books at the library for an afternoon. But instead, I'm writing, writing, writing for National Novel Writing Month. I always forget how it takes all of your time and then some.

And when you're not writing, you're plotting or thinking about your character and figuring out how to make their lives miserable. Or even to kill them. (I confess that when I get frustrated with a story, I usually drop an asteroid on my characters. That relieves stress. For me. I'm not sure my characters appreciate it, but they're only written, right?)

Anyway, I'm at 20,145 word. If I can maintain this pace, I should be done sometime close to Thanksgiving. I hope before, but as long as I'm written 50,000 words, I'll be happy.

So what you be doing? Fun stuff, I bet. Sigh. I'm so jealous.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: