Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Just when you thought it was safe ...

      I'm back. Cue ominous music ...
      I've been fighting this cold, which turned into something rather larger than a cold as another example of my inability to do anything simple, but finally I think I'm on top of it. At this point as I deal with all the side effects of all the medication I'm on, I'm not really sure if the original germ even exists anymore. It's probably mutated into something stronger, an evil genius germ that even now rubs it mucus hands together and contemplates conquering the world. I shared this fancy with one of my doctors who acted very peculiar about it, whispering to his nurse who regarded me with huge, frightened eyes. Possibly they thought I was delirious, I reasoned. To reassure them of my firm control of my faculties, I launched into a retelling of Robin Hood and Maid Marion, but the part of Robin Hood was played by Daffy Duck and Elmer was Maid Marion. It was hilarious, I think, but things got a bit confused around then with all the shouting, injections and general chaos, so I'm not sure.
      Anyway, I'm back. I haven't had a chance to visit all the blogs I haunt yet, but I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. My Christmas plans are sort of shot. I'm hoping to feel well enough this weekend to finish my Christmas shopping. Pray for me. Seriously.
      I'm hoping to finish my Christmas cards tonight. Actually, I don't see why I wouldn't unless the evil germ throws me another curve. With the cards, I've included a short story from my Bethlehem Tales. I hope people like it.
      That's my news so far. Talk with you later. I hope you're having a healthy and happy day.

28 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to blog. Hope you feel better all of the way soon.

(And I got the first comment!) *happy dance*

CrystalDiggory said...

Hmm...I just realized doing a happy dance may not really be appropriate while you're sick. *does a slow waltz*

CrystalDiggory said...

Wait, I don't have a partner to slow waltz with, now I just look silly. *peforms the Cherokee Medicine Boiling Dance*

Oh, no I don't. It's been discontinued on the reservation for the past 20 years -- probably because it took four days to do and involved drinking a strong concoction of various herbs, which acted as a violent emetic and purgative. No one wants to see that dance when they're already feeling sick.

CrystalDiggory said...

*sigh* I guess I'll just sit here quietly gloating over my success and tap my feet a little. :)

Michelle said...

HA! Crystal is too funny...

Glad to see a post Tech.

I have already been praying. See Frenzied? There are Angels for everything. Even Tech's chest, and head and nose. But dont' ask me what those ones wear...

Erudite Redneck said...

Yay! Be well. Live long and prosper!

Mark said...

Tech I wasn't going to ask you to send me a card but I would really like to read your Bethlehem tales.I will e-mail you my address and if you want to send me a card you can. If you don't, that's ok too.

SBB said...

Crystal ... really, I don't know what to say ... I didn't even know there was a Cherokee Medicine Boiling Dance. :)

Thanks for the well wishes!

SBB said...

Michelle, thanks for the prayers. Keep bothering the Big Guy for me! I need more angels!

SBB said...

ER, thanks for the well wishes! From your lips to God's ears.

SBB said...

Mark, I'll be writing a post about Bethlehem Tales soon. I've had several people ask about it.

SBB said...

Really, since Crystal had several comments, she deserves another reply from me. Or at least a comment.

She has a great sense of humor and is a good writer. I'm hoping she just takes that as a compliment and not as nagging ... although I meant it as nagging. :)

Gloria Williams said...

Woo-Hoo! Tech is back, but evil genius germ?! :)

I hope you get fully well soon!

Gloria Williams said...

(And Crystal, don't think this is over. I was away from work and my computer, but I'm back now! The race is on!) :)

SBB said...

Yes, Gloria, an evil genius germ. They're more dangerous than most people know ... :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

And as for that tussle you and Crystal are having over who comments first, I think it's best if you two don't fight ... unless it's in jello or mud. Could we arrange that? :)

Linda said...

I'm glad to see you're feeling better. :)

Linda

SBB said...

Thanks, Linda! :)

Slim said...

I'm glad to see your doing better Techie! Now when will we see some more humor in here? Not to nag, of course, but nagging! :)

SBB said...

As soon as I have something funny happen to me, Slim, y'all will be the second to know! (Me, being the first, of course.)

CrystalDiggory said...

*lurks around blog waiting for next post -- it's not easy being first to comment*

SBB said...

I don't know, FF. Really I'd like to make peace with them. I'm fairly certain I've been helping them spread their armies. You'd think they would be more grateful.

SBB said...

Wow, Crystal. You have the determination of a true winner. Or stalker. One of the two. :)

CrystalDiggory said...

*peeks around a lamppost in the foggy night*

SBB said...

I just keep having this feeling that I'm being watched ...

Gloria Williams said...

*watches both of them with her telescope* :)

Slim said...

*watches Gloria watch Crystal watch Tech* :) My, this street is getting crowded!

CrystalDiggory said...

*stands in the doorway of an abandoned building, as the foggy night dissolves into cold, empty blackness, as empty as the whispered promise over the phone there would a post tonight...."*

(How's THAT for nagging?) ;)

Michelle said...

Empty building? We should throw a party. Maybe then, he will come.