Thursday, May 17, 2012

What I did

Since I didn't really write today, I have no reason not to blog, other than the fact that I didn't do much. Well, nothing interesting. After you've fought off a pack of howling killer clowns a few times, you realize that people get tired of hearing you talk about it: "Blah blah blah killer clowns blah blah blah." Since I don't want to subject you to that, I'm trying to figure out something interesting to tell you.

Let's see. Hmm. Well, I have a new neighbor. She's a vampire, but nice. A bit pale and there's a general sense of doom and decay around her, but as Mrs. Simmons said, we already have a bank officer on our block so we can surely stand a vampire as long as we remember to eat our garlic and never invite her into our houses, which is going to be a problem for block parties, but it can't be helped.

And I'm being kind to the Mormon missionaries who wander by our street. When I see them, I think of the other Mormons I've known, such as my roomie, Jolene, and Kent. Despite that, I haven't released the hounds. They're nice young men and so brave to visit here again after that unfortunate incident with the tuba, the goat, and Widow Jacobsen.

Speaking of Widow Jacobsen, I want to say again how wonderful she is! Such a kind, sweet, intelligent, lovely woman who would NEVER think about suing a neighbor. She's a saint on earth, she is. Really. I hear her recovery is progressing nicely and was told yesterday that she's able to eat soft food now. Sure wish we could have found her teeth.

The weather was really nice today. Sunshine, warm temperatures, a few white clouds in the sky with only the occasional alien visitation. (But no probing. I've made a firm rule about no probing.) I took a brief walk around the neighborhood and spoke with a few neighbors or poked them with sharp pointed sticks, depending on what they enjoy. It's days like these that make you glad you're alive or undead or a car salesman as the case may be.

I spent the rest of the day doing housework, surfing the net, marketing my books, reading, filing, etc. The usual. I hope you had a good day, and I hope to see you here tomorrow -- unless, of course, I write a whole bunch or win a lot of money or both. Of course, if I win a bunch of money, I'm heading for the nearest beautiful island and will be making a new home for me there. I'll send a postcard because I will think of you and want you to be jealous. That's just how I roll.

Good night!

Buy the new edition of Murder by the Acre here!
2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: