Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Progress

Walked two miles and rode the recumbent bike for 10 minutes at the gym today. That might not seem like much to you -- particularly if you run 15 miles a day and bench press cars for fun -- but when I started at the gym in January of this year, I could barely walk a half mile. Eight months later, two miles and 10 minutes on the bike. It's progress, and progress that I didn't see until I started to wonder where I started at.

Well, what do you know? The walking is working. Slowly but surely, I'm regaining my health.

Progress.

Things don't always go at the speed we'd like. Or the speed we think we're capable of it. If it hadn't been for friends, I probably would have given up three months ago. But now I feel energized to realize that I've been making progress even when I wasn't noticing.

Isn't that awesome? Progress was going on while I was despairing. Gives me hope, it does. Maybe things are happening in other areas in my life that I'm not unaware.

Yeah, maybe I'm holding on to slender hopes, but you know what? I'm not going to let go.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! Keep up the good fight.

Gail