Monday, August 02, 2010

Day One

I thought I'd have plenty to say today, my first unemployed day in nearly 18 years. Instead I find myself curiously still. Empty. Not depressed. Not happy. Just empty. Shock maybe. Don't know. Did some productive things, though, so that's good.

Today I did laundry, filed my unemployment online, continued to find places for the items from my former office, dusted the living room, etc. So that's good? Well, it's movement, and physical therapists like to say that movement is life. So I'm still alive.

Tomorrow, I'm going to finish the unemployment filing, mop my kitchen and bathroom floors, more laundry, go to the library to set up another book signing, pay bills, make a deposit, maybe float in my pool.

Anyway, what's going on with you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're being productive. Were you able to get the book signing set up? It's okay to take a few days to catch your breath. If I'm not mistaken, you've already had a plan in place for quite awhile for all of this, so just take a few days to gather yourself.

Gail

Jean said...

I paid bills, scraped paint with hubby, and, shortly, I'll go over to the shop and spend a little more time setting up for our indoor yard sale on Saturday.