Monday, August 16, 2010

Back on the wagon again

Today I went back on the blood sugar control wagon. I did fairly well.

For breakfast, a cup of regular Cheerios, 1/2 cup of low fat milk, and 1/2 cup of blueberries.

For lunch, a bowl of clam chowder flavored with tumeric and red pepper flacks with a glass of iced green tea.

For supper, my roomie and I went to Delicias Mexican Restaurant where I was doubly good in that I took a coupon and got 10 percent off our meal (good for my budget) and had the fajita salad with salsa as the dressing (good for blood sugar and waistline). What was not so good was the 20 or so chips I ate while waiting for the meal. Oh, well. I'll get that under control, too.

As my nighttime snack, I had two slices of wheat toast with olive oil butter and a large handful of carrot sticks. The only real cheating I did was I ate three Twizzlers.

Yes, I was hungry, hungry, hungry. But that's a lie my appetite is telling me. I'm not starving. My body is just accustomed to a higher blood sugar, and it wants to stay that way. After a week or so, that beast will go away. Or at least be more controllable.

Being unemployed has made it harder, of course. I'm at home most of the day where there are good things to eat! I've always done worse on weekends and holidays than when I was at the office from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Tomorrow I need to go to Apple Mark and pick up some low-carb healthy snacks -- carrots, brocculi, etc. -- to tide me over the rough parts. Also, buy a carton of eggs. Eggs are a wonderfully filling, no carb food. Great for breakfast or lunch with the right veggies in them.

It's late so I'm going to try to get some sleep. I hope your night is going well. Talk to you tomorrow.


Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: