Sunday, March 03, 2013

10 Facts About Me v.1

1. I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life. I don't know if the state has warped me or I've warped the state, but we're definitely warped.

2. My father had eight siblings. Seven sisters and one brother. I think he would have liked to have a family that large on his own.

3. My favorite fruit is grapes. I also like strawberries, bananas, kiwis, watermelon, and blueberries. And fresh pineapple. Just so you know should you want to send a fruit bouquet.

4. I had two brothers and two sisters. My youngest brother passed away when he was a baby. I would liked to have known him. My other siblings are still with me.

5. My favorite author -- besides me, of course -- is Terry Pratchett. I buy him in hard cover books, and when I'm feeling particularly blue or overwhelmed by the cruelties of this world, I reread one of his funny, wise books.

6. I typically read three or four books at a time. I've always done this. I've been told that it's a symptom of Adult ADHD (Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). I doubt this. It just takes a lot to feed my brain.

7. I am a Type 2 diabetic. Food is my drug, sugar is my meth, but I'm trying to get clean. Some days I do better than others. It's a day by day thing.

8. When I read a really great book, I find myself taking it apart to find out how the author did it. This enhances the experience sometimes. Other times, it ruins the book for me.

9. Mexican food is my favorite food.

10. I like to write books that I'd like to read. If I'm not interested in it, then I can't force myself to write it.

No comments: