Monday, September 10, 2012

Mistaken

Mistaken


When your fangs sank into my neck
when my body shuddered
when I gave my last gasp
did you imagine it was because of you?

Did you think I was frightened?
Did you think I was aroused?
Did you think I was begging?
Did you imagine I was prey?

And when the three days passed
and I clawed my way from my grave
to find you confidently waiting,
did you imagine I would be grateful?

What a surprise then it must have been
to learn of the cancer ravaging
my body and how I searched for you --
did you imagine it was your choice?

Your choice to take my flesh in your jaws?
Your choice to feed on my hot blood?
Your choice to make me like you?
Did you imagine you ever had a choice?

So sad to know, my dear, that becoming
a creature of the infinite dark didn't
increase your intelligence one iota.
Who ever would imagine that?


Copyright 2012 by Stephen B. Bagley. All rights reserved. No copying without express written permission from the author and publisher. Thank you for reading.


Buy the Second Edition of Murder by the Acre here!
2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: