Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Test results

The doctor's office called my test results to me this afternoon.

My A1c has dropped from 8.8 to 6.7, which is a great improvement. I need to be below a 6 for my diabetes to be considered under control. I'm getting there.

My cholesterol was 153 overall, 35 on the good and 98 on the bad. Still good. Need to watching eating so much red meat, though. Grilled chicken and fish, here I come.

Liver and kidney function was good. Good organs, good.

Blood count was good. Good blood, good.

However, micro-albumin levels are slightly high. So I'm going on a medication to combat that. Basically this means the diabetes has done some damage to my kidneys, but nothing dangerous yet. The medication will help prevent further damage as I continue to lose weight and exercise to a healthy weight.

Overall, it was a good report, praise God! I appreciate everyone's support as I continue toward better health. Your encouragement helps me through bad days.

Buy the Second Edition of Murder by the Acre here!

2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: