Sunday, April 01, 2012

A is for Abeyance

Do you ever feel your life is on hold? That your dreams are in abeyance? Suspended?

It's mostly "if onlys" that hold us back.

If only she loved me. If only I had the money. If only my boss would promote me. If only I had the time to write. If only I could find a gym. If only I had a new car. If only my computer was faster. If only, if only, if only ...

It's a bad way to live a life. And that's what we're doing. We don't think we are -- we think our lives will start when we have love, a new car, lose weight, etc., but while we're waiting for perfection, life is going on without us. Time, the ruthless river, flows on to the sea.

Let's not live in abeyance.

Today's the day.

2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Jean said...

You are so right. Live for now. Sure, work on obtaining the things you want, but LIVE while you work.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to read this every day--you're so right!!

~ Jolene

SBB said...

I know such words are hard to live, but I'm going to try. I'm glad you both are trying, too. :)