Friday, April 06, 2012

F is for Fine

Fine. I've often used that one word answer as a way to keep people from asking other questions. Not that I'm particularly private -- although I guess most people think I am -- but because sometimes it's easier to carry your burdens than talk about them.

"How are you doing?"
"Fine."
"How are your finances?"
"Fine."
"How's your health?"
"Fine."
"How's your love life?"
"Fine."
"How's your family?"
"Fine.
"How's the writing?"
"Fine."
"How's the diet?"
"Fine."

Fine, fine, fine. I hear myself saying it until I hate the word. But I don't know how to approach life any differently. It's not that I don't think people aren't sincere when they ask. Most of them are. It is ... unseemly to share such things in public. I guess.

And let's be very honest about this. My life isn't that interesting. Writing all the time doesn't give me much time for adventures these days.

Anyway, I'm fine. How are you?

Buy the new edition of Murder by the Acre here!
2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: