Sunday, January 01, 2012

20 for 2012

Here are my goals for 2012, at least the ones I'm able to share.

Writing
1. I will finish and publish Murder by the Mile. To this end, I have committed to writing one page per day five days a week. I hope to do write more, but that's the baseline.

2. I will publish Tales from Bethlehem. Mostly I just have to be pull it together, write two more Tales for it, and create a cover.

3. I will continue to work on Debt Free At Last! A Beginner's Guide to Money Management. I'd like to publish it this year, but it's not as high a priority as the other two are.

4. I will continue to add Christmas cards to Oakleaf Harbor on Cafepress.com. I'd like to have 50 card designs available before November next year.

5. I will add a birthday card selection to Oakleaf Harbor on Cafepress.com. I'd like to have 50 card designs available this year.

6. I will continue to send Dragons Gather and Darkness, Oklahoma to agents and publishers. Because each rejection moves me closer to an acceptance.

Health
7. I will walk at the gym 4-5 days a week, depending on health and holidays.

8. I will improve my diet and eat more veggies and low carb foods.

9. I will arrange for a colonoscopy. I have to figure out how to pay for it, but with the cancer history in my family, I need to do this this year.

10. I will continue to look at holistic health solutions and ways of life.

Declutter
11. I will remove 50 books from my book collection and sell or donate to the local library.

12. I will have two garage sales.

13. I will remove 50 items from my closets and sell or donate them or trash them.

14. I will try to remove an item when I add an item to my house.

Misc.
15. I will continue to seek a job, full time or part time, even though I'm very discouraged about this. However, as my health improves, other jobs that I can't physically do now will be possible. I can do this and will.

16. I will read 75 books this year.

17. I will continue to read the New Testament and finish it this year. I will also read Psalms and Proverbs.

18. I will pray daily and give thanks for my blessings.

19. I will remember that honesty can cause pain and remember that I can never completely know what another person is going through and thus should not judge. In other words, I will keep my mouth shut when my opinion hasn't been asked for -- and sometimes even when it has been.

20. I will try to be more forgiving of myself and others. We're human and frail in many many ways. We all need a break.

Well, there are my goals for the New Year. I probably won't obtain all of them, but I will some of them and will make progress on the rest. What more could I realistically ask?

Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

SBB said...

A friend and I were discussing these, and he said, "I don't ever make resolutions because I won't keep them. Why set myself up for failure?"

I said, "Goals are a measure of our striving. Yes, I probably won't make all of those goals, but I should make some of them. And the effort is important. We grow by trying. By striving. Perfection is the enemy of progress. We can't be perfect down here, but we can be better."

He said, "You sound like a motivational poster."

I pushed him down some stairs. That's another thing I need to work on.

Anonymous said...

Those look like very worthy goals and doable. One of my resolutions is to make it down to Ada and have lunch with you. :)

Gail

SBB said...

Gail, that would be great! Just let me know the date. :)