Saturday, June 18, 2011

This & That

I woke up with a huge list of things to get done today. Instead I watched movies and floated in my pool. A little housework, a little filing, a few phone calls, but that's it. Let's see if I can think of anything else to talk about.

Well, got my test results back from the doctor on Thursday. They were mostly good, but my blood sugar was way up, my blood pressure was slightly up, and my Vitamin D level was way down. Sigh. Well, I can fix those. More dieting, more exercising, more time in the sun, and taking a few supplements. At least that's what the doctor has prescribed. If my results aren't better by my next doctor's visit, it means a lot more meds, including insulin. So ... got to do better. And I will.

Anyway, nothing else to share about today. Hope things are going well for you.

Here's a poem from EndlesS for all my friends out there. Love ya!

This & That

I’ve been thinking of friends
and how they come and go
and how I enjoy knowing
you

I’ve been thinking of games
and how we all play them
and how no one ever
wins

I’ve been thinking of love
and how it’s a bastard
and how it’s what we live
for

I’ve been thinking of the future
and how it keeps coming
and how we try to hold it
off

I’ve been thinking of joy
and how it likes to surprise
and how all the old clichés are
true

But mostly I’ve been thinking
how life isn’t perfect but good
and how I love it and love
you

Excerpted from EndlesS. Copyright 2008 by Stephen B. Bagley. All rights reserved. No copying without express written permission from the publisher and author.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: