Tuesday, May 03, 2011

First class

Today I completed my first class at a local vo-tech. The class was “Excel 2007 Beginning.” I had a good time. I struggled a bit in the morning with the unfamiliar terminology and activities, but the teacher was very patient and helpful. By the afternoon, I was doing okay.

I had no idea that Excel was so capable of doing so many things and doing them so well. This evening I created my first spreadsheet just for me. I made a monthly budget using formulas and formatting. I am pleased how it turned out. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what else I can use it for in my personal life. I may make an exercise and diet spreadsheet as soon as I figure out what I want to track and how to configure the page.

I had worried about being the oldest one in the class, but there were several who were my age or older. I should not have worried about that as much as I did.

The facility is quite nice, and I'm jealous of the computer and monitor I used there. A lot of people use this facility for various classes and company training. Not surprised at that because it is first class all the way.

The next class that I wish to take is “Excel 2007 Intermediate.” It will be in June. I'm going to look to the catalog and find other courses to take, also. If you're wondering why I'm not taking more classes, it's because my budget is tight, and it's hard to find an extra $100. Somehow I will work it out. I need to update my knowledge of technology. I used to keep up with the current trends, but when I started the debt reduction plan five years ago, I didn't have the money for the latest tech. So I am behind.

I'm hoping with several of these classes on my resume, I will be more attractive to employers. Or maybe even figure out a way to go into business for myself. At least that's my plan. We'll see how things work out.

Anyway, it's late. You have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: