Friday, April 15, 2011

Ten on hope

This is another ten minute timed writing.Yeah, you’d going to get tired of these, I bet. But they are working. My muse/subconscious/writingwizard is waking up from his cold winter sleep. Can’t say for sure when he will be fully awake, but he is definitely stirring. I feel ... I hesitate to say this ... hopeful.

It’s not popular or cool to be hopeful these days. Snide, sarcastic, dark, all those are in. I’ve certainly indulged in them myself. And now, I may be paying the cost for dining on darkness constantly.

Well, nothing in this world doesn’t say we can’t change. That we can’t get better. I remember going to a therapist years ago who basically believed that we couldn’t get better. We could only treat our particular illnesses with therapy and medication, and such aid would have to continue our entire lives. He himself saw a therapist and took meds to modify his moods.

This is not to say that people don’t have chronic problems, because they do. And sometimes we need therapy and/or meds for an extended period of time. I know I’ve battled depression most of my life. But that’s not the sum total of my life or even the majority of it. I’ve had some great times in my life. God willing, I will have more.

And I’m trying to do my part. Keep moving, keep believing, keep praying, keep trying, keep talking, keep laughing, keep crying, keep caring, keep writing. I’m keeping keeping on, as the old expression goes. What else can we do? Lay down and die? Well, I won’t do that. I’m too stubborn to that, too contrary to roll over and expire. Aren’t you?

I hope so.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I hope you didn't invest too much time with your Eeyore therapist. I don't know if people change, per se, or modify and adapt. I've been pretty positive as far back as I can remember. I get the silver lining spotting ability (I like to think of it as a superpower) from my mom. That doesn't stop me from having bad days or indulging in a snarkfest from time to time, and I'll always be an ADD girl. (Yes, ADD, not ADHD. Sometimes I wish for a little H. Then maybe my house would look better.) First and foremost, though, I'm a Princess of the Kingdom. :)

SBB said...

Not too much time, Wendy. I switched to one who believed people could get better. And I did.