Friday, April 08, 2011

Consequences

This has been a week of consequences for me. After falling at the post office, I've ached all week. I really did a number on my body. My right knee swelled, and my shoulders, neck, and right arm have let me know they didn't appreciate the fall. And let's be honest, I'm not as young as I used to be. I don't spring back as quickly from damage -- physical or emotional -- as I once did. There are always consequences from our actions and accidents.

Right now, I'm suffering the consequences of my fall and from my actions. Particularly in the area of employment. I made some mistakes -- oh, I had my reasons for those mistakes, but even while I was making them, I knew I was only delaying the inevitable. When my boss passed away, I knew my job would eventually end. I should have started looking for a new job then. Instead, I allowed myself to sink into inaction and passiveness. I didn't take action. I deluded myself. And now I'm paying the price.

I'd like to say I'm paying the price without complaint, but that's not true. Hard not to complain when I watch my options disappear -- not that I have that many options to begin with. However, it's not good to wallow in your mistakes. I made them, can't go back and unmake them, can only go forward from this point.

So I go forward.

How are you doing? Are you making progress? Heading for your dreams? Having a tough time? Remember this: We're only beaten when we stop trying.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It's hard to look at the train wreck of our lives and know that we were at least partially responsible for the carnage. Good job accepting your part in your current circumstances. I don't know why it's all snowballing on you now, or how long the trial will last, but I do know this. God is on His throne. He's using this time to mold you into the mighty prince he made you to be. Sometimes His clue-by-four is bigger than others, but it's all going to work out, and when it does you'll be able to look back and tell others.

SBB said...

Thanks, Wendy, for the encouraging words. I appreciate them.