Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday tidbits

I was hoping Floozy and Other Stories would show up on Amazon.com last week. No such luck. It was still a bit early, but it would have been nice if it had. I'd like to do a bit of promotion for it, and maybe get some more sales. Any sales. The bank account is whining mightily. Soon I will be forced to start selling kidneys. Several of my neighbors have an extra, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind contributing to my welfare. And if they do, it won't matter since they will be lying unconscious in a bathtub filled with ice. Ha ha. Just kidding. Sort of.

Anyway, overall a good day. Church, housework, nap, a bit of TV. That was the whole day. Oh wait, I rediscovered Iris Dement on YouTube. Iris is folk/country with a twang that can peel paint off the walls at times, but her songs are beautiful and her voice is pure sweetness. Don't know her, of course, but she seems like she would be a good friend. If you have small town roots, her song "Our Town" can break your heart.

Overall, a decent day. Hope yours was good, too. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

No comments: