Thursday, February 10, 2011

Close

Very close to having Floozy & Other Stories on its way to the online retailers (Amazon and such). By Saturday, it should be done. I'll be glad. It's been a long hard haul. I'm looking forward to working on Murder by the Mile.

Think I offended a person a few days back because I wouldn't give up my opinion for theirs. Not sure, because this person hasn't told me, but the lack of communication is suspicious. So now I'm wondering if I should apologize. But if I'm not reading the situation right, that could be even more awkward. Sigh. I handle my Asperger's fairly well, I think, but in situations like this, I feel greatly disadvantaged. Oh well, they will either give me a sign or they won't. Can't control other people's behavior. Well, you can with duct tape, but that's not nice.

Sun came out today, and the snow began to melt. My roomie and I actually went out to each tonight at a local Mexican restaurant with some friends. A nice meal, and it was good to be out of the house for a while and see other people.

Anyway, it's late and time for bed. Hope y'all are doing well. Talk to you tomorrow.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com

2 comments:

Tammy Jones said...

I'm not offended, just concerned that any comment I make - since we obviously dramatically disagree on approach, methodology and philosophy, and I don't think that either of us is willing to budge much - would be both unwise and unwarranted, and might fan the coals in another disagreement. I am an interloper, the newbie, the other on the blog in question so, at this time, I'll just be quiet.

Again, I'm not offended - it takes a LOT to offend me - I'm just cautious to tread further.

{{huggs}}

SBB said...

Tammy, thank you for sharing this with me, and please bear with me as I respond. The person I was talking about is one of my cousins who is not online. Using a blog to approach a problem is passive-aggressive behavior, I've been told, and thus I don't do it.

But you needed to respond to the discussion and saw this as an opening. I apologize that I didn't give you an opening before. I would have if I had recognized that you needed one, but that's not because you didn't deserve one; it's because I am mostly incapable of these type of emotional exchanges.

I didn't even realize we were that opposed in things. We both write, we both want to be published, we both like to read, we both have our insecuries, hopes, etc. One of the things that Asperger's folks learn eventually is that people are mostly like us and often have problems, too. The difference is that we are diagnosed. In other words, what we call Norms or Muns, really aren't that normal or mundane. That's beside the point, I think. I wasn't emotionally invested in our discussion over in Createslate, and had no more emotion behind it than I would approach cereals. (Okay, I take that back. I only eat Cheerios. Regular Cheerios. They're the best, and I have them every day for breakfast. I need them unless I have eggs with toast or gravy.) I like bouncing things off people, and I like talking about stuff, as you may have noticed. I'd like to say, if you and I were face-to-face, I would have realized the depth of your emotional investment, but I probably wouldn't. One of the reasons I write mysteries and are attracted to them is because I have to figure out what people feel and mean many times because I have great difficulty in emotional interactions. In other words, people are a mystery.

Hmm, I'm wandering around again. Let's get the point if I have one. If I have one, it's that I don't want you to be quiet. I enjoyed the discussion. I'm sorry you did not. I'm sorry you feel cautious, but if you do because you worry that I was offended or would be so, don't. Well, I mean if I am because I can be, I'll tell you because that's what I do, and I wasn't.

This probably needs editing, but here it is. You were welcomed to Createslate because you write and are interesting and bring your experiences to the table. That's still absolutely true. Also, Jean invited you, and she has good taste. I'm hoping this all made sense, and if not, you recognize the friendly manner in which it was written. :)