Saturday, January 08, 2011

Getting back up

What a way to start the new year. There are some writers apparently who are capable of dragging their fevered bodies to the keyboard and pounding out masterpieces even during delirium. Delirium to me is simply delirium.

I intended on writing today, but instead, slept, slept, slept. Now, of course, I'm wide awake when I should be sleeping. Humana nocturnal as it were. At night the writer rises from his crypt and seeks out an unsuspecting plot ...

Yes, I'm a bit discouraged about losing so many days at the beginning of the year, but I did build in those extra days for sickness, emergencies, etc., so my plan is still intact, although perhaps under the weather a bit. Just because I got off to a slow start doesn't mean the whole year will be slow start. We're never defeated as long as we get back up after we're knocked down.

So, starting tomorrow, I will be getting back up as long as my health permits. And if not tomorrow, then Monday. But I will be getting back up, one way or another.

No comments: