Saturday, December 25, 2010

To my readers

It's Christmas Day. I've had a good day. Mostly alone. I watched Christmas specials on PBS. Ate some Christmas cookies that I shouldn't have. Turned on my Christmas tree and my Christmas village and enjoyed the lovely quiet.

I hope you enjoyed the 2010 Harbor Street Christmas celebration. This year, despite me being sick through most of it, I thought it turned out nice. I especially enjoyed the guest posts from Doug Matlock, Jean Schara, and Eric Collier. The recipes from Michelle, Beverly, and my sister were excellent. Next year – although it's too soon to be thinking about next year – I'm going to try to have more guest posts and more guest recipes.

I thought The Clerk's Tale from Tales from Bethlehem was a nice addition even though was a bit odd. My plan is to collect all the Tales from Bethlehem into the book as soon as I have enough of them. I think I need about five more Tales to have enough pages.

My Christmas continues through this week. I have a couple of more Christmases to participate in. Including the one for my siblings and their families. I always enjoy seeing them.

I received several beautiful Christmas cards this year. I scanned in the ones that I could, but many of them had glitter on them, and I could not run them through my scanner since it is a feed scanner. I also received several beautiful photo Christmas cards, but I couldn't share them because I didn't have the senders' permission to put their photos on the Internet.

I always miss my parents at Christmas. I wish they were still with us. My daddy loved Christmas. My mama made the best Christmas dinners. And they loved me muchly. But, life is good. I cannot complain.

I hope your Christmas Day was filled with love, laughter, and joy. I know many people find Christmas to be depressing; there's a lot of pressure on us all to make this the best day of the year. It's a good day, but it doesn't have to be the best day. Nothing in this world is perfect. Give yourself a break.

Now, there is a piece of pumpkin pie that's calling to me. I think I'll go and enjoy it. Good night, God bless, and Merry Christmas.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Stephen. I'm going to miss reading your Christmas blogs. I always enjoy them so much! I really enjoyed your guest writers, too!

Gail