Wednesday, October 13, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So ... for reasons that are clear to me but perhaps not to other people ... I'm going to participate in National Novel Writing Month in November. That's right, I'm going to write a whole 50,000 word book in November.

Why?

Because I need a win. As most of my regular blog readers know, it's been a hard year for me. Several things I thought would work out ... didn't. Some not only didn't work out, but actually did damage to me, my finances, my spirit, my mojo, as they went down.

Well. If that just doesn't suck green swamp water, I don't know what does.

I'm not one to take setbacks lying down. (I prefer to lie standing up.) But I've had a lot difficulty in getting my feet under me this time.

So NaNoWriMo is going to be a win for me. I'm committed. Bought a NaNoWriMo t-shirt and pen. I'm set. Wish me luck and Godspeed.

And I wouldn't mind a prayer or two.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Jean said...

NaNoWriMo pen? I missed that on the site. Got my T-shirts today. Looking forward to this one. Have no idea what Mother Nature has in store for me, but we're going to wing it. This year's book is FOOLING MOTHER NATURE, and it's either a satire or a cozy mystery. Satire, because she sasses God, and I think it has to be satire to do that.

This is one win you are going to get this year, my friend. If I have to come up there and press your fingers onto the keyboard. But I know I won't have to do that. No. No, I won't.

Of course, if you satisfy your larger need during the month of November and that interferes with this win, I will forgive you for not finishing.