Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bad news about a bad back

Okay, things went wrong at the gym today. I was on my 7th lap, stepped wrong, and hurt my back in a major way. I tried to walk it off, but was unable to do so. My roomie could barely get me into my car. Now, I'm on Advil, muscle relaxers, deep heating rub, and heating pad. I'm very unhappy.

And weirdly enough, I'm unhappy that I didn't get to finish torturing myself at the gym and worried that I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I am committed to this process. I have goals, I've been reaching those goals, I don't want to stop. It's important to me to accomplish those goals.

My back has been fragile ever since my last week of work. I did a lot of carrying things and moving things that I shouldn't have done and that -- all things considered -- I wish I hadn't done. But I was trying to be helpful and a good sport and was mostly a chump and being taken advantage of, although I didn't know it then. Water under a burning bridge now.

Since then, I've tried to careful with my back. It takes a long time to heal when it gets injured, mostly because my excess weight -- the very thing I'm attempting to get rid of by walking and dieting -- puts constant pressure on it. And now my back goes out and threatens the exercising that would help it most of all.

Yeah, I'm frustrated. Sorry. Think I will call it a night now. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. Either way, you have a great night and wonderful tomorrow. Talk to you then.

Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

1 comment:

Jean said...

I hope you're feeling a little better.