Thursday, September 02, 2010

A couple of good books

At the library writing today. I met a friend here and am about to leave and head to the house after running a couple more errands. Thought I'd post before I did.

Been reading a book The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. One of the most interesting -- and frightening -- nonfiction books that I've read in a long time. I recommend it and would love to discuss it with you.

Also, last night I finished The Killer of Pilgrims by Susanna Gregory. Highly recommended if you love medieval mysteries. Of course, this is the 16th in the series, but is still accessible to anyone not familiar with Matthew Bartholomew and Brother Michael.

It's a beautiful day here. Sunshine, but cooler temps. Almost feels like fall. Sigh. I've hated the horribly high temps we've been experiencing, but I dread the cold weather. Oh well, seasons come and seasons go. Only taxes are the same ...

Hope your day hasn't been too taxing. Talk to you tomorrow. I'm out of here now!




No comments: