Monday, April 26, 2010

Update

The young married couple I talked about yesterday have decided to separate for a while. Sigh. Now they're fighting over who gets to stay in the house. They're being quite stupid, but they have both made it plain that they don't need or want my opinion. And that works for me. I sorrow for them, their marriage, and their baby, but when people want to walk off a cliff, you can't stop them however much you want to.

Enough of that: In good news, I'm printing the first edit copy of Floozy right now! This copy is for me, and I expect to find a couple of hundred errors, about one per page or so. That's about normal for me. I'll also be able to use the first edit copy to check the book's formatting. I think I messed it up about halfway thorough the book, but I'm hoping it will be okay. We'll see.

I had hoped to get the book to the proofreaders by May 3, but it will probably be May 10 now. I'm still shooting for May 3, but it depends on how many corrections I need to make and how difficult it is to fix any formatting problems I find. And I was unfortunately right. I can see the formatting messes up. Sigh. Well, 'tis to be expected, I guess. Formatting is one of the hardest aspects of self-publishing. At least it is to me.

It's late now, Floozy has finished printing, so I'm going to bed. Tomorrow, I start editing! Talk to you then.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever is going to be taking care of the baby gets to stay in the house. That baby needs its own bed in its own room until its parents figure things out. And you can tell them I said so. :\

SBB said...

That's very logical, FF, which means they're probably not going to do it! :(

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to start proofing!

--Gail

Unknown said...

Way to go on Floozy!