Monday, March 29, 2010

9 items on the 29

Sorry I haven't been here. Been ill, been busy, been tired. The usual excuses. Let's catch up.

1. Floozy is going slower than I thought. Having to do a lot of searching to find the columns I want to include, having to do a fair amount of updating of the columns I find, and having to spend more time with formatting than I thought I would.

2. I went to the Medieval Fair. I'll share more about it when I get a chance, but I had a wonderful time there, particularly since I was able to meet my college friends Peggy and Marie there. Awesome!

3. Been somewhat ill. Stomach's been weird, blood sugar's been weird, head's been weird. Well, my head is always weird. I mean I've been fighting a headache. Too much stress, too little rest is what I suspect.

4. Worry, worry, worry. I try not to. But do. So there you go. Over there. You're over there now. Go! Run fast! Run free! Run!

5. My house is a mess. Need to clean it. Need to do laundry, vacuum, dust, tote that bale, move that barge. Need a maid. A hard-working maid. A hard-working pretty maid. Female. Single.

6. Work today was terribly hard. Sometimes I wonder how much longer I can stay there. It wears me out. Gotta find some way to make money that makes me happy. Or at least not so stressed. I think I would be much happier in a less stressful -- but still well paying -- job.

7. I bought new pants from Wal-Mart. My waist had shrunk two inches! Wahoo! This diabetic diet really is letting me lose weight. If I can lose another 10 inches, I'd be really happy.

8. I paid off Discover Card this month! Leaves me with only one credit card. Admittedly it's a huge one with terrible interest rates, but I'm getting there.

9. At library again. I swear the perfect table will be mine again one day, but not today. Someone else has claimed it. I curse them with fleas! Fleas, I tell you, fleas!

And now I must close. Have a great night and a wonderful tomorrow.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for losing two inches! Yay for seeing old friends! Yay for paying off a credit card! Yay for sticking with the Floozy! Yay for the warm weather! It sounds to me like you've had a good week overall and it's only Tuesday.

Look around your house and move some of that stuff out for a profit on Craig's list. No shipping, no fees and it's kinda fun. I know we're hooked. I wish I could hit a few yard sales this weekend but I have to work. Hope the weather stays nice for Easter.

--Gail

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! So, what's the diet in particular?

Any of Floozy I can take on my trip with me to proof? (hint, hint)

Everyone seems to have a college friend named Peggy....

Jean said...

Congrats on the 2 inches.

Craig's list is one way to move stuff. Another, if there's a group in your area is Freecycle. It has to be stuff you're willing to give away, but it can be a good way to get stuff you don't need or want to someone who does need or want it.

Unknown said...

things are moving along for yah. glad you're feeling better.

SBB said...

Thanks, Gail! I think Craig's list works better in larger cities than in small towns, but it's a thought.

FF, the diabetic diet is less fat, almost no sugar, almost no bread, smaller portions, no soft drinks, less meat, more veggies, lots of water. I sure don't keep it perfectly, but more than not.

Thanks, Jean! No Freecycle here, but thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, Joel. Hope things are going well for you, too.