Thursday, January 07, 2010

Riddle me this

I should have posted last night, but I was locked in Lexulous death matches with Frenzied Feline and her sister so I didn't. Yes, you can blame them. Or my lack of willpower. No, let's blame them.

Anyway, here are Ten Riddles for our Ten on Thursday post to stretch your brain. And try to resist looking up the answers on Google, okay? I've always loved riddles, particularly since reading The Hobbit as a teenager. Who can forget that marvelous riddle game that Bilbo and Gollum engage in?

Riddle 1
I can be quick and then I'm deadly.
I am a rock, shell, and bone medley.
If I were a man, I'd make people dream.
I gather my millions by ocean, sea, and stream.
What am I?

Riddle 2
I appear once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years.
What am I?

Riddle 3
I bind it and it walks.
I loose it and it stops.
What is it?

Riddle 4
What is it that you will break even when you name it?

Riddle 5
I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.
What am I?

Riddle 6
What is put on a table, cut, but never eaten?

Riddle 7
When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing.
What is it?

Riddle 8
I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall.
What am I?

Riddle 9
Feed me and I live.
Give me drink and I die.
What am I?

Riddle 10
I soar without wings, I see without eyes.
I've traveled the universe to and fro.
I've conquered the world, yet I've never been anywhere but home.
Who am I?

I'll post the answers in the comments tomorrow. Good luck!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think i have 2,3,4,5 and 7 amd 8.
i will work on the others. but ten is too many for one day. spread them out a bit :)
Roen

Anonymous said...

I resent that, and it's your turn!! ;)

Anonymous said...

You didn't post the answers and it's Sunday now!

Gail

Anonymous said...

And now it's Monday, and you still haven't posted them. :(

Gail

SBB said...

The Answers

1. Sand

2. The letter "m"

3. A sandal

4. Silence

5. The letter "s"

6. A deck of cards

7. A riddle

8. A baby chick in an egg

9. Fire

10. Your imagination