Thursday, January 14, 2010

Castles

So really, what can I do? It's all well and good to write out my resolutions, but keeping them -- now there's the rub. Especially when my life is in a routine. A rut even.

It's battle between me and me. My present life versus my future. Apparently it's no holds barred, take no prisoners, no mercy from either quarter. But I have to win. Future me, I mean. There's a glorious life out there. Sometimes I can see it. Sometimes I can taste it. Sometimes I can feel it. Can't you? Or have you given up on your dreams?

I understand if you have. Dreams are tough. If you're not careful, dreams can crush you if they don't make into reality. Some people put their heads down and avoid dreaming altogether. Who can blame them?

I never know if my dreams are possible or impossible. I have them nonetheless. I suspect you have them, too. The problem isn't in having dreams; no, it's in figuring out how to achieve them. I'll be working on that the next few months.

Hope you're working on achieving your dreams, too. Talk to you tomorrow.

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
- Henry David Thoreau

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

No comments: