Monday, December 14, 2009

HSCC: Catching up

How are you doing as we speed toward Christmas? I'm running behind, of course, but I have accomplished a few things. Let's list them so I can bask in your praise.

1. The December issue of the family newsletter has been mailed. Whew! And I refuse to work on the January issue until January arrives. I'm quite proud of this issue. It's the largest one I've ever produced and features some mighty fine writing if I do say so myself and I do. I hope the recipients enjoy it. If not, I hope they pretend they do. I just want praise. I'm not requiring sincerity.

2. I have most of my Christmas shopping done. I need to sit down and see exactly what I've bought and what I need, but I ordered some stuff from Amazon today, and I think that just about finishes it up except for one gift still be ordered. And now will come the wrapping. Well, the bagging. I'm not much of a wrapper.

3. My Christmas tree and lights outside are up. The lights outside still need a couple of strands on one bush, but otherwise, that will be it. Oh, my Christmas village is up, and I'm quite please with how it turned out this year. I'll take some photos of it and post them soon.

4. I'm working on my Christmas cards. Sigh. That's a lot of work, but I should have them ready to mail by Thursday. I hope.

5. Blood sugar is staying in the mid-100s. Very annoying. I'd like it lower. I go back to the doctor Friday morning. I don't think he'll put me on insulin at this time, but I don't know. I suspect he'll adjust my oral meds. I'll let you know what we decide.

6. I've been doing really well on my low carb diet. Oh, I've cheated a few times, but nothing major. I've lost 11 pounds in one month; most of that I attribute to not drinking soft drinks and avoiding sweets and other delicious carbs. I confess I feel bad a lot as my body gets used to this, but it's getting better.

7. I've been converted to diet Dr Pepper. It's not as good as the real thing, but you know, it's not bad at all. In fact ... it's good.

I hope things are going well for ya. Talk to you tomorrow!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Good job on the diet/blood sugar. 100 is much better than 400. Your body will thank you later.

Jean said...

What EJ said.

I got most of my Christmas cards out in the mail today. I didn't get any out last year. I'm doing a few this year. I need to get more stamps.

Jean said...

I think you deserve more praise to bask in, so let me shine a little more your way. You're doing a great job, and I love your December posts. Thanks for putting them together for us.

SBB said...

Thanks, EJ! I appreciate the support.

Thank you, Jean! Having people enjoy them and read them makes the effort worthwhile.