Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Needy

I have discovered that I am needy.

Apparently, this is no surprise to anyone but me. I am going to have to evaluate my behavior accordingly. I didn't realize that I needed constant praise to write, to be productive, to publish my family newsletter, to write this blog, etc. But I do.

Sad, isn't it? I have finally stumbled on what's been keeping me from writing. My praise tanks are completely empty.

I've always admired those writers who got thousands of rejections and kept on going because their books burned inside them. They had to write or be consumed. Weirdly enough, I had thought I was one of those writers. Funny, huh. I learn something new every day ... unfortunately.

Hope you have a good night.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Jean said...

Everybody's tanks can empty. And, you may be surprised to learn that most people are "needy." I think we all need constant reassurance. Most of us do tend to realize it simply won't be forthcoming and find a way to endure.

You've had a lot of things shooting holes in your tanks lately. I suspect they've been leaking. Take some time to find the leaks and allow them to get patched. Then they'll gradually fill, and you'll find you're able to spring forth with a fount of wisdom and frivolity.

At least, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

SBB said...

I like your theory, Jean!