Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tomorrow things change

Tomorrow I will get up and eat breakfast. Like I've done a thousand and more times before.

Tomorrow I will shower, shave, and dress. Like I've done a thousand and more times before.

Tomorrow I will drive to work and open the doors and answer the phones and take care of customers as best as I can. Like I've done a thousand and more times before.

But tomorrow will be different. My work world has changed. It will not change back. The situation has changed, and I must adapt -- or not -- as I choose, but the situation is different no matter what my response.

My friends and family keep asking me about the future of my job. I have no answers. I won't be making any of the decisions concerning it. I don't think anyone knows. The decisions will come or be forced upon us all as we deal with how things have changed.

Strangely enough, I feel quite peaceful about it. Maybe I just haven't realized the gravity of the situation. I know I might still be in shock. It takes a while to recover from a hard jolt to our system. But overall, I'm doing okay.

Yes, okay. Not perfect. Not untroubled. But okay. I feel like I'm going to survive this and be okay no matter how this works out. That doesn't mean I don't need your prayers. I do. And that doesn't mean I know any answers. I don't. But I still believe I'll be okay.

Talk to you tomorrow, my friends. I hope you have a good night and great tomorrow. Good night.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe another agent will take over and you can work for him/her. I would imagine the company wouldn't really want the office closed, but what do I know?

Maybe you feel calm about it because it'll be all right and it's just God telling you to not worry.

In listening to Howard Clark (consumer guru) once, he talked about how losing a job creates the opportunity for change. You don't have to go back to doing what you were doing before, now might be the time to start something totally different. Sounds like you have time to think about it. :)

SBB said...

It doesn't appear at this time that it will be an option for me to continue here, FF. And that's okay. I finished my 17th year here on Sunday, September 13. I may have done all I can do here, and it's time to move on to somewhere else. I sure wish God would let me know where that is! :)