Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ananias

Didn't mean to leave the health care post up so long, particularly since the public option is apparently going to be sacrificed for political expediency. A good rule of thumb is that anytime a politician gives up on a program because of political pressure, the program was probably going to hurt wealthy people and corporations who have the money to oppose it -- and program would have helped people who don't have the wealth to lobby government.

This is a country of haves and have-nots. The ruling class likes it that way. They intend to keep it that way. Frankly, I've given up. There isn't any hope of ever having a government by the people for the people, not while the Republicans and Democrats exist. A bit bleak, but that's how I feel lately.

I think there's going to be a reckoning some day. I keep thinking about Russia before their Red Revolution. The czar and their nobles partied in their palaces, never realizing that the their downtrodden people would eventually rise and be willing to die to sweep them away. Sadly enough, their people only exchanged one tyranny for another. I wonder what will happen here and if I'll be around to see. Let's change the subject.

It's been hard week emotionally and physically. The OKC doctor started me on a ten-run of a particularly nasty antibiotic. They found two different bugs in my lung, one of which could be lethal so we're trying to wipe it out. The antibiotic has made me incredibly sick. And I'm exhausted. I can't sleep for more than a couple of hours without having to get up. Not fun, but this is my fourth day. Halfway there.

It's late, and I'm tired. We'll close now. Tomorrow will be better. It's Sunday, and I always feel better on Sundays. Something about putting my eyes on God. Anyway, good night and good morrow.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hubby spent about a year and a half beating back a bad reaction to chigger bites. He was nearly a zombie for a lot of that time, and I was 800 miles away most of the time for work. His doctor finally found an antibiotic that worked (and finally accepted that it was a reaction to chigger bites causing the problem). He's been out of the fog for about two years now, and are we ever thankful. He had a terrible time getting sleep while he was on the antibiotics. I think he wound up shifting to taking it in the morning, and that helped.

I hope this course of treatment is successful for you. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

SBB said...

Thank you, Jean, for the thoughts, prayers, and your friendship. It means a lot to me. :)