Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oops.

Oops. I meant to be blogging over here more, but don't have much to say. Not much has changed on my health, although I should start getting results from the latest tests this week. Writing is at a standstill. I spend so much time and energy worrying about my health and the doctors, I find I have little energy left to project myself into a fantasy world.

I am eating better. If nothing else, these health concerns have sent me searching for better nutrition. I have almost completely eliminated sugar from my diet. Well, at least obvious sugar. I am constantly surprised by the number of processed foods that include sugar as a matter of course. By cooking myself, I can avoid that. I've started cooking using extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, chives, veggies, fish, etc. I am finding these meals to be delicious and greatly satisfying. I've even reached a point where I like green tea; I've -- lord help me -- developed a taste for it.

I'm trying to exercise at least five times a week and trying to get to bed earlier each night. I'm attempting to give my body what it needs to fight off whatever this is. And more than that, I want to be healthy in order to do more. I have so many things uncompleted in my life, so many things I want to try, so many stories to tell, so many places to visit, so many people to live, much life still to live. And diabetes and general laziness have kept me from doing many of these.

Life is short. I know we all know this. Or we at least parrot that phrase. But lately I'm beginning to understand exactly what it means and why it's important to live fully while we're here before we have to go what comes next. Perhaps it took a health crisis for me to truly understand it. I may be dense.

Tomorrow I return to work. Work is a problem for me. I truly don't enjoy my job any more, and yet I need the money. Once I get my health problem figured out and a treatment in place, I'm going to work on the job situation. Anyway, that's a problem for a later day.

And now I'm going to close. No promises, but I'll try to post more. Have a great week.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Yessssss! A green tea convert! Woohoo!!! ;-)