Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What I've been doing or other news of nothing

Well, I must post something. I’m assuming someone drops by this poor neglected blog sometimes, and they should be rewarded for their diligence. Not much to tell you, which is why I haven’t been posting as often as I should. Life is as it was: doctors, work, sleep, WoW, Chuck, etc. I do have another CT scan scheduled this Friday morning at Holdenville. Checking for tumors in my sinuses, facial structures, and neck. Whee. I don’t think anyone thinks we’ll actually find any. No, the doctors just want to look and be sure because, hey, I’m still coughing blood and they don’t know why, but they’re willing to spend every last cent I can beg and borrow to find out why. I’d kinda like to know that, too, you know.

What other news? Gail Claunts and I have finished 75 Dates for $25 or Less! and are now proofing it. It should be available from Lulu.com in early May, both as a book and as an e-book, and then from Amazon in June as a book and from Kindle in July. I hope.

Been questioned about 75 Dates a few times. With the bad economy, no one has money to throw around, unless, of course, they’re receiving bailout funds. Gail came up with the idea of writing a book that helped people figure out how to date within a budget. Yes, yes, yes, everyone has already pointed out the cheap date joke. Ha ha. Moving on. Gail wrote most of the book, and I provided some additional material and book formatting. We hope it will be useful and informative. Don’t let the lack of cash hinder ruin romance in your life.

Hey, this is good news: I met Jean of Rantings and Ravings! She was driving up north to spend time with family so she stopped in my small town to meet me. She, my roomie, my friend Kyra, and I all had dinner together at a local Mexican restaurant. She’s as charming, funny, and smart as she is on her blog, and we had a great time. I signed both Murder by the Acre and Murder by Dewey Decimal for her. I hope we can meet again. Now if I could just figure out how to get Frenzied Feline out here to Oklahoma …

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired. Have a great night and tomorrow. Talk to you then.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful! A post! Yes i still check and yes You are alive!!! Yah
Roen

Anonymous said...

I know HOW to get there, it's all in the timing--as is anything worthwhile. ;)

Kirsten said...

I still stop in, too, and I'm glad to know you're still pursuing a diagnosis. Not fun, nor inexpensive, but worth it nonetheless.

Glad to know you're still having fun, too!

SBB said...

Glad to see ya, Roen!

How about this summer, FF? :)

Glad to see you, too, Kirsten!