Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lost in the Land of Corrections

Whew! I greatly over-estimated my ability to get all these corrections -- delivered by my wonderful and dedicated proofreaders -- entered into Murder by the Acre. I have made it through four different sets. The sets did repeat many of the same errors, but in each were new errors. It's fascinating to me how the proofreaders found different mistakes. (And a bit dismaying when I consider that I wrote those errors in there!)

I'm glad I had so many people look at the manuscript and thank all my proofers for their fine work. However, I sure am tired of entering these corrections in. That's pretty much all I've done since Friday evening. I won't get the book submitted to Lulu tonight, but hope to submit it tomorrow night. That's the plan. We'll see how it goes. So far I've only entered the "regular" errors: words left out, mispellings, wrong words, etc. I have four errors that will require a few sentences to correct them, but nothing terrible.

I also appreciate all the nice comments that many of the proofers gave MBTA. I like the story, but it's nice to know other people like it, too. That is the point. Mostly. I hope it generates a bit of money, too.

I did get to watch part of the OU-Texas game. Sigh. Sometimes evil triumphs for a time. But I also got to watch the OSU-Missouri game. WAHOO! GO POKES! The good guys win a game that everyone said they wouldn't. Gives me hope.

Anyway, back to the corrections. I hope life is treating you well. Night!

5 comments:

Powersleeper said...

Can't wait much longer-fingers twitching-eyes popping-want more mystery from tech.. oh yea, way to go OSU !!!

SBB said...

:) I hope I'm able to get the book to you soon enough to forestall a breakdown, PS! Go Pokes!

Anonymous said...

It's a good story, that's why I had to read it twice. Dismay might be the word for how I felt with everything I missed the first time through. ;)

SBB said...

Everyone missed some errors, FF. You did a good job and have not reason to feel dismay.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not feeling dismayed over the job I did, I just couldn't believe how many things I missed the first time through--all due to being wrapped up in the story! :)