Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still sick

      Still sick. I'm very tired of feeling ill. The IBD flare is subsiding, but now I've caught this stupid respiratory infection. Throat's swollen. Running a slight temp, not enough to be dangerous, just enough to feel achy and creaky. And of course, my sinuses are either stopped up or running like mad. It's all quite annoying.
      I'm treating myself with Tylenol, Advil, Zicam throat spray, 1,000 milligrams of Vitamin C, 500 milligrams of cranberry extract, as much orange juice as my diabetes will safely allow me to drink, as much water and fitness water I can drink, and soup. I'd get more sleep if I could, but I have this inconvenient job that keeps that from happening.
      Murder by the Acre is going right along. I'm so glad I took this extra week for it. Although being ill has really cut down on my time with it, I've still been able to correct and rewrite several sections, making the story tighter and cleaner.
      Otherwise, I'm not doing much. I have been watching The Closer, which I think is the best show on TV these days, and I also enjoyed a recent Saving Grace that featured Barry Switzer. I thought it was funny. By the way, I'm really enjoying my Digital Video Recorder. It makes it easy to record programs. I've also been enjoying the Olympics.
      That's what's been happening in my neck of the woods. Anything exciting in yours?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tech,

DVR is great...we enjoy it as well! Take your time with MBTA...no need to stress yourself out! Feel better soon!

Rain said...

Last week I watched a full episode of The Closer for the first time. I can see why Kyra Sedgwick has won so many awards...I love her character.

I hope you will be feeling better soon ((hugs))

SBB said...

TL!!! Good to see ya. I had thought the evil Texas had swallowed you whole. How are you and your lovely wife doing?

Rain, the Closer is great. I grew up with women like Brenda. Sweet, smart, sexy, and backbones made of iron.

Anonymous said...

We LOVE the DVR and The Closer at our house! :)

Even though I'm anxious for MBTA, take care of yourself first.

Anonymous said...

Just stopped in to say, "hi." Tell your roomie, "hello," for me also. Hope you feel better soon.