Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Second day

The second day back at work. I did well this morning, but this afternoon, I was completely exhausted. I came home and slept until seven-thirty, got up, and ate some supper. Then I watched The Cleaner. Haven't made my mind up about that show. The acting is good, but the stories aren't as strong as they could be. Maybe it will grow on me.

Otherwise, not much else to tell you. Wish some of my friends played World of Warcraft. I've discovered most people play with their "real life" friends on WoW. There are many exceptions to this, but time after time I've found players in a group know each other outside the game. I joined a guild with nice people in it, but they have different schedules than me and they don't play WoW much. I have enjoyed some aspects of WoW, but I find playing for any length of time makes me lonely and desperate for conversation. Sociologists have studied the alienating effect of video games for some time now, but WoW is my first experience with the disassociation inherit in any simulated environment. There's a book in this somewhere.

And that's all for tonight. Take care. Have a good day tomorrow.

3 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Yay! Yer alive and kickin' sort of. Glad.

Anonymous said...

So far The Cleaner has served as "something to watch" during summer rerun season.

I'm glad my son doesn't play WoW anymore. I got the feeling that he was getting lost in the games.

Hope you continue to improve in the health arena. :)

Rain said...

I wish I lived in your area because I would make you a pot of my grandmothers "healing soup".

Take care my friend