Sunday, August 24, 2008

Health update

Howdy. It's been a while, hasn't it? I apologize for not updating and appreciate everyone who left a note of concern or called me. (Thanks, Crystal and Frenzied Feline!) It's been an interesting couple of weeks, depending on how you define interesting.

Let's do the health stuff. My diagnosis is: pneumonia in both lungs, bronchitis, and sinusitis with a throat and ear infection as the cherry and whipped cream on top of my illness sundae. I probably had the pneumonia for a while; I'd been sick for about a month and a half, but kept thinking I'd get over it without visiting the doctor. Sigh. Not having health insurance really bites.

After lots of tests and lots of expensive medicine (some of which I'm still on) I'm doing better. I'm not running a fever. I'm still coughing a lot, but not as much as I was. My throat is red, but doesn't burn anymore. The left ear remains infected, but it's better. I'm tired all the time -- just taking a shower seems impossibly hard at times -- but my energy is slowly coming back.

I'm going to try to return to work tomorrow. It's probably a mistake, but I've made up my mind to try. However, if I am unable to make it, I'm going home. I have to get better. That's all there is to it. And if I lose the job, I have to say that in many ways it would be a relief.

Otherwise, not much to tell you. I've mostly slept or been at the doctors or slept some more. My house is a pit, my life is a mess, my diabetes is out of control, my book needs my attention (which I hope to start giving it again this week as I regain my energy), I need a haircut, etc. The usual stuff.

I hope things are going well for you. Once again, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I hope to see you here tomorrow.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

That was quite a smorgasbord of illnesses you had. So glad to know you're getting better!

Please do be careful not to push too hard too soon, though. No sense exhausting yourself while you're still in recovery.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you've resurfacaced and feel a little better!

AK Huckeby said...

Hey, very glad to see a post. I agree with Kirsten...don't push too hard. As for work, it's easy not to care when you feel like you're on death's door step. I know the feeling! I hope things brighten up for ya soon. You have my number, let me know if you need anything.

Erudite Redneck said...

glad yer better, dude.

Michelle said...

Glad you're doing better. You've been in my Prayers and will remain until you are back to yourself. :)

Jean said...

Ugh! No fun for you. I'm glad you're feeling well enough to surface. Don't overdo it at work--get plenty of rest.

SBB said...

Thanks for the well wishes, Kirsten. I'm trying to be careful. I want no relapses.

I do feel better, Amber. I hope to be at 100 percent soon.

Adam, how about a pizza? Where is that number? :)

Thanks, ER.

Michelle, thanks for the prayers and the thoughts!

Rest is a necessary part of my life these days, Jean.