Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A few points

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: Jean and Nancy have confirmed their status as proofers. Repeat: Jean and Nancy have confirmed their status as proofers. We remain at Yellow Alert. Chapters 1-4 are nomimal. Chapter Five will achieve FTI tonight. Chapters 6-9 are on standby. Front cover is nomimal. Back cover is on standby.

EDITED TO ADD: Crystal, ETC, Frenzied Feline, and Kirsten have all confirmed their status as proofreaders for Murder by the Acre. We are waiting to hear from Jean and Nancy. We remain at Yellow Alert. Chapter Five ran into a field of adjectives, adverbs, and weak verbs and required corrective action last night, but will achieve FTI tonight. Chapters 1-4 are nomimal. Chapters 6-9 are on standby.

      I need my proofers to confirm they are still available to proof Murder by the Acre in a week. I meant to say that yesterday, but obviously didn't since only Kirsten (Hi, Kirsten!) said she was still available for proofing. Please let me know if you can't. I understand if you can't, but I do need to find another proofer to take your place.
      I mentioned yesterday I had gone back on Weight Watchers. Frankly, I needed the accountability that having to post my food consumption daily. On my first day, I once again confirmed what my weight loss problem is: the evenings at home. I was holding at only 16 Point after breakfast and lunch, but snacking as I watched TV and worked on my computer soon pushed that me over 39 points, seven more than I'm allowed.
      Here's what I ate yesterday with the point values to the side:

Breakfast
1 cup fresh orange juice (2)
1 cup 2% reduced fat milk (3)
1 1/8 cup Kellogg's Special K (2.5)
Subtotal 7.5 points
Lunch
23 fl oz Propel Fitness Water Black Cherry (0.5)
1 slice cheddar cheese (3)
3 oz marinated chicken breast strips (2)
1 cup tomatoes (0)
2 cups lettuce (0)
Lemon pepper dressing (0)
1 dr pepper - 12 oz can (3)
Subtotal 8.5 points
Evening
3 slices wheat bread (3.5)
1/2 pound new potatoes, cooked (3)
2 cups grapes (2)
1 6-inch Subway® Restaurants Roasted Chicken Breast Sub (6)
1 cup 2% reduced fat milk (3)
1 peanut butter cookie(s) (2)
1 dr pepper - 12 oz can (3)
23 fl oz Propel Fitness Water Black Cherry (0.5)
Subtotal 23 points
Day Total 39 points

      So I need to shave seven points off my day. Obviously one of the Dr Peppers has to go. That's 3 points saved. Getting rid of one slice of wheat break saves us 1 point. Three more to remove. Remove the new potatoes. And that will take us down to 32.
      Sigh. The sad thing is I was hungry all day yesterday. I'm hungry right now. I'm going to be hungry for a while until my stomach and I adapt. That's okay. I can handle it.
      And now it's time to get ready for work. Have a great day. Talk to you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can still proof!! :)

Michelle said...

Nights, are my rough time too. I do so great during the day but being around the kitchen makes it easy to grab "something". The sad thing is, I don't really want it. I'm just, bored, I guess.

I need to get out more...

SBB said...

Great, FF!

I just have too much good stuff to eat at my house, Michelle. It might be healthy and all that, but I keep eating it when I should stop!

Jean said...

Yo! Reporting in for duty!

Jean said...

On a brighter note, you weren't snacking and munching on junk food. You had some good healthy choices in there. Tuning will help.