Monday, August 04, 2008

Chapters

      I thought y'all might enjoy seeing the chapter sub-headings for Murder by the Acre. They're all in place now.

      Chapter One - Murder in a hobbit house
      Chapter Two - Strange reactions
      Chapter Three - What we can't take back
      Chapter Four - Confrontations & surprises
      Chapter Five - Funny things about funerals
      Chapter Six - Missing things
      Chapter Seven - What to do with pieces that don't fit
      Chapter Eight - Secrets people keep
      Chapter Nine - Never argue with a crazy person

      I'm sure about these, other than Chapter Six. It lacks something. We'll see if I can come up with anything better.
      I've read -- and been told -- that chapter headings are old-fashioned and simply "not done" anymore. I like them so I'm going to use them. That's the advantage of self-publishing: I decide how the book is going to look.
      I'm on Chapter Five of the so-called "final" type-in. I should finish it tonight. Barring unforeseen difficulties, the FTI should be done this weekend. I'm putting my proofreaders on yellow alert. They should receive a PDF of MBTA on Monday or Tuesday next week. At present, my proofers are: Crystal, ETC, Frenzied Feline, Jean, Kirsten, and Nancy. If any of y'all are unable to committ to proofing MBTA in a week, I totally understand -- we all live busy, busy, busy lives -- but please let me know ASAP so that I can recruit another victim to take your place.
      Nothing else to add here other than it's scorching hot. Triple-digit temps. Oh, and I went back on Weight Watchers this morning. More on my weight loss plans later. I hope life is treating you well. Talk to you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey! I started WW this morning too!

You can be my weight loss buddy :)

Enjoy that pool...

Kirsten said...

One week = no problem.

Am rather fond of chapter titles, myself, especially clever ones. Just last night started a book that's comprised of very short (a few pages, tops) segments, each with a heading.

SBB said...

Cool, Michelle! Two great minds with a single thought! :)

Thanks for letting me know about the proofing, Kirsten! I like chapter titles, also. Let's me know the author knows where we're going.

Anonymous said...

I'll be upset if you don't send me the book to proof.

Crystal

SBB said...

Crystal darlin', like I would ever forget you!

Jean said...

I'm still at SparkPeople and really like the site. WW is just as good or better but costs more.

Of course, I'm confirming as a proofer. Sorry. I didn't check the web after late afternoon yesterday, so I missed the post.

Anonymous said...

I think those chapter headings sound very interesting, particularly the one for Chapter Nine! :)