Friday, July 11, 2008

Progressing

      I received my proof copy of the hardcover distribution copy of Murder by Dewey Decimal today. It looks good, overall, but I made a couple of mistakes on the formatting that I have to fix before it can be approved. I'm very pleased with how the fully justified margins look. I had worried about that since I don't have a top notch publishing program, but by playing with kerning, margins, etc., I achieved a professional look. We're a few steps closer to it coming out.
      And I should approve the proof copy of the distribution version of EndlesS this weekend. I'm going to read through it one more time, but I think it's ready. I just want to be sure since you can't make changes in distribution copies without them charging you a lot of money.
      So we're making progress. Slowly but surely. And yes, I'm still working on MBTA. No deadlines on it, but I'm trying to have it ready for the proofers soon. My not-a-dealine-but-it-would-be-nice-if-I-finished-it-by-then date is my birthday at the end of the month. I think that would be an excellent present to myself.
      The pool is great. Not as deep as I'd like, but the price makes up for that. Too many mosquitoes, but that’s not the pool's fault. So far, it's a win. I hope to spend several hours in there this weekend, floating and enjoying the weightlessness. I need that feeling of nothingness or non-being. When people talk about the state of mind brought by yoga or mediation, I think about floating on the water, a deep blue ocean in my mind.
      And now I have to go. Take care. Talk to you soon.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yes! A yoga practice that's "in the groove" can feel very weightless. The best thing, though, is when I'm able to carry that feeling off the mat; to have that stillness wrapped within through the most mundane of tasks.

Glad the books keep coming along.

Erudite Redneck said...

Kerning? Dude. You're hard core.

:-)

Anonymous said...

LOL to what ER said! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate to say I'm excited about the progress on MBTA because I don't want to be pressuring you, :) but I'm excited!