Saturday, July 05, 2008

Pool weekend

       It's taken until this evening to finish setting up the pool. Yeah, I know. I thought we'd be done by Friday at noon. No go. I got into the pool this evening just say I did. The water was in the 70s. I nearly had a heart attack. I hope the water warms up over the next few days.
      Anyway, I got nothing done this weekend so far except the pool. I'm so behind. I feel the deadlines staring at me. Yikes. I say again, yikes. Let's see if I can get this book finished and published by the end of July. I'd bet on me if I were you, but you might win betting against me. We'll see.
      Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The water temp sounds divine! :)

Look into a solar pool cover. My parents had an in-ground pool on which they used a solar cover. It worked great. In fact, if left in place too long, it felt more like a spa and wasn't at all refreshing.

So, does Mikey know you have a pool? :)

Anonymous said...

If the temperatures stay like they are, your pool should be plenty warm. It's brutally hot north of you.

Post some pictures of your pool! I'd love to see it.

Crystal

Kirsten said...

Yikes! That's really cold water! Even the pool by the "lake" isn't that cold first thing in the morning (and yes, I do know from experience). Crystal's right--it should warm up given the temps, especially if it sits in the sun for any part of the day.

SBB said...

FF, it wasn't divine. It was horribly cold. Made my teeth chatter. We have a solar cover, but the pool is mostly shaded. I'm hoping it will warm up. I'm sure it will. If not, I'll have to look into purchasing a heater for it.

Crystal, I'll post some photos soon.

Kirsten, it was too cold to enjoy. It reminds of what Ronald Reagan said when he heard the Jimmy Carter enjoyed cold showers. Reagan said that a man who would lie about that will lie about other things, too!

Anonymous said...

Well, I didn't say it was divine for YOU. ;)

Try being a hot-blooded, pre-menopausal, overweight gal in triple digit temps. It'd probably be divine then! :)