Sunday, July 27, 2008

A few things

      I had a wonderful visit with Mikey last Monday night. He is such a joy. And so much energy. Practically limitless. He wore me out, but it was good. He sure enjoyed the pool. It was just the right size for him, he said. His papa brought him by my office Tuesday morning on their way out of town, and I had another 30 minutes or so with him. I gave him $10 to go down to Dollar General and buy himself a toy or some snacks. I gave the money to him in ones and counted them into his hands. His eyes got big and he said, "I'm rich!"
      He bought a large ball, a plastic sword, and a couple of other items. He still had a dollar and some change left when he returned. He was so proud of his purchases. It was the best $10 I've spent lately.
      My brother-in-law is improving by "leaps and bounds," according to my niece. He has to meet with a couple of doctors tomorrow, and then we should know better how he's doing. Please keep him in your prayers.
      Also keep my sister in your prayers as she recovers from her surgery. She's doing well. Tired and sore, but everything looks good.
      I'm up to my neck with Murder by the Acre. Corrections and minor rewrites on most of the book, but the last chapter is getting a lot of attention from me. It doesn't flow as well as the rest of the book. I had thought that maybe I was trying to force the book to be too short and maybe it needed another chapter, but there's not enough story for another chapter. It's nine chapters, and I think that's correct. I am so ready for the book to be finished. I can't adequately express how ready I am. This last bit ... is hard.
      And that's about all I have to talk about. Hope things are going well for you. It's a bit late, but go by and wish Frenzied Feline a Happy Birthday. She's 36.
      Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

36??? You're such a sweet guy! ;)

I really miss the days when it was so easy to make my son happy. He's not into the dollar store so much anymore. :(

Kirsten said...

Sounds like you and Mikey both had a blast. Yay!

Glad to hear that both your BiL and sister are recovering well.