Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Endings

      All things end. With regret I've removed two blogs from my Blogs of Interest because they've been shut down. Good-bye Adam Huckeby and Babs The Conversation Station. I'm sorry to see both of them go. There are three or four others that I should really remove because they haven't had a post in a couple of years, but as long as they remain online, there's a chance the bloggers might return. I'm hopeful, anyway.
      Spot the Frog ended July 5. I've greatly enjoyed this comic strip. They're running Spot the Frog Classics for a while. Apparently not enough newspapers ran Spot. While I'm not going to mourn the way I did when Calvin and Hobbs or Bloom County ended, I'm still sad to see Spot go. You can buy two Spot books on Amazon: I have both, and they're good, gentle humor. Highly recommended.
      Murder by the Acre is ending. Over the next week or so, I will have done all that I know to do. I'll be glad to have it finished, but there will be small part of me that will regret it's over. Of course, I know there's still of work, but the act of creation will be finished for that book.
      And now I'm ending this post for today. I hope things are treating you well. Night!

7 comments:

Trixie said...

Aw. I feel a little sad. I'm glad you haven't deleted me. (Wait. Maybe I better check to make sure you haven't!) I'm just slow, not gone. Still savoring some things without exposing them to the air, kind of.
Speaking of which, are you still in love with the pool? We need a photo.

Trixie said...

OK, good. I'm still there. Had to make sure. Also, speaking of, what about your podcasts? Is there another one in the works? Or are you not speaking to us these days? I miss your podcasts. So come on -- pod! Or is it cast? Whichever. We need another podcast. And no, I'm not talking about a cast of your pod. That would reveal too much about the mother ship.

Trixie said...

Hmm. I just thought of something. Is there a connection between the arrival of the pool and the disappearance of the pod? The thot plickens!

AK Huckeby said...

Hey, I know you had to remove it and I would do the same in your shoes. I just wanted to let you know that I am still an avid reader and subscribe to many many blogs and always look forward to your next post - it pops up in my reader and it's an automatic selection for reading (in google's reader it's a "star"). I'll comment from time to time and fully intend to put another blog up soon...just trying to find my blogging legs - I prefer my Moleskine for journaling, the I could blog if I were passionate about something...just need to find what that "something" is. If ever I find it, I'll let you know! Thanks, and keep on keepin' on dude...love to read your stuff. - Adam

AK Huckeby said...

Oh, and I got a sweet deal on a Mont Blanc on eBay, so I've been scratching out lots of notes in the Moleskine lately. (Yes, I'm just posting this to brag about my new Mont Blanc - which without the deal I got I would never have been able to afford one, so it's bragging on the pen itself, not my status as a wealthy rich guy with so much money that I can throw it at stupid purchases like a pen - I have two kids and most mornings I wear shirts with drool on them to work for crying out loud!)

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of finishing something creative. It's bittersweet. I'd have to say it's the process that creative types are addicted to--we're a masochistic bunch. :)

Kirsten said...

The blogosphere is definitely a transient place for some folks -- they try it out for a while, then move on to other things.

But then there's those of us who "live" here. It's kinda like Cheers, and we're the regulars.