Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wow! (And I don't mean the game)



       Wow! Kirsten over at Now Or Never awarded me the Arte y pico award, for “those who are creative or have a penchant for art.” Very cool and the first award my blog has ever won. Thank you, Kirsten! You're awesome!
      Kirsten also received the award, and she certainly deserves it. Her interesting and frequently funny stories of libraries, yoga and life, and her awesome photography make Now Or Never a nice stop in my day.

      Now here are the bloggers I'm awarding:

      Michelle, Soul Patches. Her photography is simply totally amazing. I'm looking forward to the day when she can pursue it fulltime. She truly has the eyes of an artist.
      Adam Huckeby, Miscellaneous thoughts and other interesting particulars... Adam writes well and has also produced some interesting designs for his blog. He says he's finished with the design changes, but I hope that's not true as I've always enjoyed seeing what he comes up with next.
      Holly Lisle, Pocket Full of Words. If you read my blog much, you had to know this one was coming. Holly is one of the most creative writers out there. Her novels, writing courses, newsletters, blog, and website are testaments to her skill as well as her willingness to help other writers achieve their dreams. She will probably never know I gave this award to her, but by golly Miss Molly, she deserves it and more.
      Trixie, Trixie's Home. Trixie doesn't blog as much as I'd like -- hint, hint -- but when she does, she has produced some amazing posts. She has the ability to capture the essense of her subject. Her tributes to various family members (particularly those about her brother) and friends will bring tears to the eyes of the most jaded reader.
       Anny, NarcissusWorks. Stunning photography, painting and poetry on a blog truly devoted to creativity. A couple of times a month, I visit her blog and enjoy all the new poets she features. Well worth your time.
      
      And here are the official award acceptance rules:

      1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
      2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.
      3. Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
      4. Show the link of Arte y pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
      5. Show these rules.

      Thanks again to Kristen for the award. Y'all have a great day!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice congradulations!
Roen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tech! You deserve it! :)

Anny Ballardini said...

Thank you sooooo much! It is my honor to receive the Award from you. Congratulations to you, too!
Anny

SBB said...

Thanks, Roen!

Thanks, Gloria!

You're quite welcome, Anny. I truly enjoy your blog and the wonderful way you have of broadening my horizons. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tech!

By the by, wouldn't that be "by golly Miss Holly??" ;)

SBB said...

Thanks, FF!

Good point! I wish I'd thought of it. :)

Michelle said...

How cool!

Congratulations! And, Thank You! You calling me an Artist is truly a compliment.

(I can't wait until I can pursue it fulltime too :)

SBB said...

You're very welcome, Michelle! And you deserved it!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Tech. What a nice award and well-deserved, too.

Crystal

SBB said...

Thanks, Crystal!

AK Huckeby said...

Thanks, man! I appreciate the nod. Like you said, fuel for the creative soul - right?

SBB said...

You're welcome, Adam!

Anonymous said...

Found your site via Kirsten's & really like it--especially the humour with which your turned writerly angst into World of W slayings... & being slain. Thank you.

Congrats on your award & I'll be back here & looking up your books!

SBB said...

Ovidiayu, thanks for stopping by! Always glad to see a new face.