Monday, May 05, 2008

Home stretch

      Kirsten won the Murder by the Acre t-shirt! I've already ordered it, and it's on the way to her. (In fact, it shipped today. If you didn't know, Cafepress makes it very easy to send out gift purchases.) Kirsten writes the Now or Never blog. Stop by and say hi.
      I'm on the home stretch on Murder by the Acre. We're only a few thousand away from 68,500, but it doesn't look like the book is going to come in that total. I think it's going to be between 70,000 and 75,000. I'm not sure exactly, but sometime between now and May 18, this "final" rewrite will be done. I'll be glad to be done with it, but I will also be a bit sad. It's like leaving a friend.
      Besides writing and housework, I worked on the May family newsletter. I hope to finish it tonight or mostly finish it. I've been printing excerpts from the first chapter in the newsletter. I'll be finished with the first chapter in the June newsletter, which is good timing since the book will come out the last week of June or the first week of July.
       I'm waiting for the next proof copy of EndlesS. It has the new cover on it and has several formatting changes. I think there will be one more proof as I want to make a couple of more changes in it, but it should go on sale in June, barring unforeseen circumstances. By the way, you can enter a drawing to win the first proof copy of EndlesS by listening to the 3rd 51313 Harbor Street Podcast and following the simple instructions. We'll be announcing the winner this weekend at during the 4th 51313 Harbor Street Podcast this weekend.
      Well, I have to get to MBTA. Hope you're having a great day. Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kirsten! But next time, I'll win!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kirsten!

Gloria thinks she's going to win, but I have a diabolical plan in place... ;)

Kirsten said...

Thanks, y'all! (And to Tech, of course!) Am looking forward to getting the shirt, and am plotting a good picture scene. Too bad this isn't the prior book--I could do lots with a library!