Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News of life

      Thanks to Frenzied Feline for mentioning that Word had document compare. I didn't even know that it did and had never used it before, but it saved me hours in correcting my mistakes. Thanks, FF.
      Did you listen to the second Harbor Street podcast yet and enter the first Murder by the Acre contest yet? You could win an MBTA t-shirt. Listen and enter! Here's the link: Harbor Street Podcast 2
      Summer is close. I can't wait until this chilly April weather is over. Also, my allergies would sure appreciate getting past this first bloom of spring.
      The writing is going slowly on Murder by the Acre. From 1,500 words a day, I've dropped back to 1,000 words a day. I'm putting the pieces together and making sure the clues fit and the story reaches a logical -- but surprising -- conclusion. Crystal has already proof-read the first three chapters and is now working on the next three chapters. She's doing a great job. So things are getting done, but not as fast as I had hoped. I'm still planning on meeting the June 30 publication date, but some of that will depend on Lulu, too, which has changed some of its procedures. If we don't make June, we will make July, but I'm hoping for June.
      Do you like the group Coldplay? For just this week, you can download a new song from them for free? Here's the clink: Coldplay. I'm not a huge Coldplay fan, but I have liked several of their songs and liked this one, too.
      We had a wonderful time with Mikey this past weekend. He's such a joy. He's also growing up. He could barely fit into the seat of his electric Jeep. When he grows a couple of more inches taller, he won't be able to.
      I have to get ready for work now. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the coldplay song! Its better than their usual crap! :)

SBB said...

I'm sure that praise will go right to their heads, Slim. :)

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. :) Now you'll have to tell me how to work it. I'd just seen it, I haven't tried it. I wonder how it would work on going through different copies of proofed MBTA if all the notes were made using Word?

SBB said...

Some of my proofers don't have Word, FF, and besides, it wasn't easy, just easier than manually comparing the old and new version. I wouldn't want to do it again if I could avoid it.

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE I want to win a MBTA t-shirt.

Crystal