Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Prayer request

UPDATE - 10 p.m. The funeral will be Saturday at 2 p.m. in Muldrow. There will be a memorial service Friday in Tulsa.

My sister just called me. My Uncle Everett was killed in a car accident this morning in Tulsa. He was broadsided by a dump truck. Please pray for his wife, my Aunt Annetta. She's my favorite aunt. This is going to be so terribly hard on her.

UPDATE:
This is the story from the Tulsa World.

A 67-year-old man was killed Wednesday morning when his car collided with a dump truck on a Tulsa street.

The accident occurred about 7:15 a.m. at the intersection of 46th Street North and Mingo Road. Witnesses told police the man was attempting a right-hand turn onto 46th at a red light when the westbound dump truck struck the car on its driver's side, Tulsa Police Officer Ron Neal said.

The victim, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead on the scene.

The intersection will remain closed while emergency crews are clearing the accident
.

I spoke briefly with my aunt. She's in shock and struggling to comprehend what's happened. Please continue to pray for her.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done.

Anonymous said...

Of course and if there is anything I can help with let me know.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry! Melissa and I will keep your family in our prayers.

Jaime said...

I'm really sorry to hear that Tech... I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Jean said...

For your aunt and your entire family. I'm so sorry.

Trixie said...

Prayers for your aunt, and for all members of your family at this time, including you, Tech. I'm so sorry about this terrible news.

SBB said...

Thank you all. Please keep her in your prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Tech. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Crystal

Rain said...

I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you tech...I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Michelle said...

I am so sorry. You and your family are in my Prayers.

SBB said...

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. You are much appreciated.