Monday, October 01, 2007

This & that, but mostly MBDD, of course

      The commercial is finally working. See yesterday's post to see the very, very, very rough video for Murder by Dewey Decimal. I don't understand why it didn't work. I just kept trying to upload it tonight, and finally it took. I'm using Microsoft Movie Maker to put it together. It's a fairly simply -- and limited -- program that comes with XP. I may think about upgrading later if I think the video commercials are worth pursuing.
      I sold three soft covers at my office today. I only have to sell three more books, and then I start making a profit. Now I have to try even harder to sell the remainer because the profit is the money to help me achieve my dreams. I can't just break even. (I'm referring to the books I purchased for my book signings. The online books required none of my money so I made my profit on them already, although I haven't received a royalty check yet. Sometime in November, apparently.)
      So how are the sales going? Well, I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon. But maybe six or seven books down the line, I could see it happening if I were completely out of debt and were willing to live a more restricted lifestyle. Like giving up food and shelter.
      Enough about that. I purchased another month's supply of my diabetes medication and test strips today. Ouch. And ouch again. They're sure are proud of that stuff as evidenced by the price tag. Perhaps that bank robbing idea isn't so bad.
      This week I'm working on the October family newsletter and the bookplates for MBDD. If you haven't requested a bookplate, now is the time to email me and let me know you want one. After this deluxe batch is gone, there won't be any more. Autographed stickers will be available, but the deluxe plates are a one-time thing for the first hundred folks who request them for their books.
      The Great Slim Down is receiving some activity these days. Be sure to visit it, and if you'd like to join us in our quest to get healthy and fit, just let me know and I'll send you an invitation so that you can post also.
      And now I'm going to bed. Y'all have a good night and a good tomorrow. Talk to you then. Night!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE! (Read what all the talk is about)

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE! (A simply lovely book)

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE! (T-shirts, caps, tote bags, buttons and much more)
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you looked into mail order/online pharmacies for your meds and supplies? I use them all the time.

Way to go on selling more books!! We can very rarely start at the top, but you've got a good start. Readers will be hooked and tell their friends, and then they'll have to buy your next book(s). Just don't make us wait as long as Rowling! ;)

SBB said...

Yes, I have, FF, but they're not cheaper. Very annoying. A friend suggested I trek to Canada. It's a thought!

Thanks for the support! I hoping, of course, that I can sell enough books to help with my debt and my meds. Maybe a pipe dream, but I'm going to give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Too bad they're not cheaper. I've done comparison shopping at pharmacies before when I was between insurance. Call around and tell them what you're taking and ask for the cash price. You might find something. The best one for me was a tiny, hole-in-the-wall pharmacy. Sometimes you just never know. :)

SBB said...

That's what I've found. A small, local pharmary has better prices than Wal-Mart and Mays. It doesn't seem to make much sense.

Trixie said...

I can tell you I am grateful for Wal-Mart's $4 prescriptions. I picked up two today.

SBB said...

I wish ACTOS was on that $4 list, Trixie. It sure would help out my money situation.

Anonymous said...

I think a roadtrip to Canada is a great idea!

By the way, it's WEDNESDY, this post was written on MONDAY. I appreciate the fact you waited until I commented before you moved on to the next thing, but I've commented now.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

You're a lot closer to Mexico than Canada. My parents have lots of friends that do a regular run to Mexico for their prescriptions. :)